Monday, October 27, 2008

Final thoughts while stateside...

It is 10:40 pm. We need to be at airport at 4:30 am. I am still packing.
Not because I am taking so much stuff - but mostly because I am a scattered wreck!

I will never be able to express my awe while watching our God meet every need in abundance during these past 7 weeks! I will also never be able to express my gratitude for the precious people in our lives that have prayed, encouraged, shopped, supported, given, and cried with and for us while prepping for our journey! I am truly humbled and amazed!!!

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF THIS TRULY OVERWHELMED HEART!!!!

6 hours...my mind can't comprehend what is finally taking place!
6 hours...my heart can't wait to get my hands on those kids!
6 hours...my body wants to fall into bed!

Good night from America! SEE YOU IN KENYA!!!! (goosebumps just flaired!!:)

6 comments:

Timmarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Timmarie said...

Fresh tears are falling, my friend. Many shouts of praise are being lifted up to our God who IS the giver of dreams.

I so wish I could see your feet set foot on African soil.

Anonymous said...

Amie, hope you got some sleep on the way to Amsterdam. Got your text message about wheels up from Amsterdam and on to Kenya. I'm sure you are close to landing by now. Kiss the ground when you get there. God has a plan and you're right in the middle of it.

Jaky says hello and asks for "Mamie...?" often. He's fine though.

We are pray'n for you, Brea and Holly. You've allowed God to work "in" you so that He can work "through" you. I'm pray'n that He will give you the strength to stand in the gap while you are there and that, as you stand, He multiplies your efforts (fish & loaves) & that, as you stand in the gap, He continues His work "in" you.

Love you, Rick.

Anonymous said...

Hey...it works....
I'm officially a blogger (?)
Rick

Anonymous said...

Well Amie, I'm not quite sure what to say. I wish I could have gone on this trip. God has my mission field right in my home, for now. I know in his time it will be my turn. I know that I will be going to Calcutta. I have known that for aboout 7-8 years. I just don't know when I will get to go. My prayers are with you and I know it will be hard to hold those babies and let go. Like I told Brea. Love those kids and babies and let GOD be GOD. He has his precious ones in his hands. Oh, by the way. WE have Louis!! Love you lots, be blessed

Anonymous said...

I agree with Timmarie, fresh tears are flowing for you. Ames, it's always been your dream to go to Africa, and once again, I concede to Tim -:(- that our God is the dream giver.

I hate when Timmarie is right, but she always is. :D

Sarah

Habbakuk 1:5