Monday, October 27, 2008

Not Wasting an Ounce

Today is our last full day in the States before we head out to A-F-R-I-C-A!!! I wanted to post these pictures for you all to see the BOUNTY we are privileged to bring to the orphans and missionaries in Kibera. We packed and unpacked and repacked these bags probably a dozen times this weekend to fully maximize the weight allowance. We are allowed 50 lbs in each checked bag.

And the results are.....
50.0 lbs. of baby clothes
(not even an ounce was wasted!!)

49.0 lbs. of school supplies



49.0 lbs. of medical supplies, candy & more school supplies

(this actually has way more medical supplies we just packed the candy on top of it).



And here we are in the midst of all the fun...



It was an absolute blast knowing that EVERY SINGLE ITEM will be a blessing.

Here's a big THANK YOU to everyone who gave.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Exciting!

I can't wait to hear all about it. We are going to need to set up coffee dates for the next month just to get it all in :)

Praying for you girls.

Love you all.

Amie said...

"I wonder why, I wonder why, I wonder why, Jesus is so good to me? He sugars my tea and He butters my bread, I wonder why He is so good to me?!"
He is so very good!!! Can't wait to unpack those bags in AFRICA!!!

Timmarie said...

That's some fabulous loot right there.

Enjoy the unpacking. How absouletly fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Aime, you are one amazing woman. So are you, Brea and Holly. My heart just explodes with the thought that you are now in Africa! :O!

Love you muches!
Sarah

Habbakuk 1:5