Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sitting on the floor in Atlanta



Well I'm sitting here in the airport blogging, and I'm at a lost of words.




I'm extremely excited but if you saw me you wouldn't be able to tell. My face is very blank, and I'm not talking much. Yeah me, Brea Rowland, NOT talking:D. I'm just so overwhelmed with so many emotions my face doesn't know what one to express, so it stays blank. Until it makes up it's mind every once in a while and a smile will pop out or a tear. My travel buddies have noticed and will point out when I'm smiling. Which makes me very awkward to know it's that noticable, but I'll deal.




Well on the plane we were the loudest, messiest group(as is me and my mom) on there. Holly was not expecting what she got out of us which was spill after spill of drinks. What I did not expect was how much they talked! They blabbered like teenage girls(which if they're reading this they're thinking we are at heart and I AGREE), not only did they talk nonstop there ears apparently were clogged so there voices were 10 notches above all the noise in the plane. (And I'd know about noise I come from a house that has 10 people 1 being a toddler and the others teenagers, girl teenagers (minus my parents and my brother)) It was cracking me up because I could tell on some people's faces how they felt about it and I just laughed.

Side note as I got off the plane about 10 steps after we got out of the tunnel I see this mean machine looking thing and finaly figure out it's a trash can, but it was plugged into the outlet.(strange lookin thing) So I think nothing of it after a while, and when we all got situated we started to try and figure out where to go next, I took the lead and all of a sudden I hear this growlish sound and almost jump. I look over and it's the trashcan, and at this time my face has a confused discuted look on it. This guy sees me and kinda looks the same way at me, and I explain to him that the trashcan just growled at me. His face changed so quickly I couldn't help but laugh, his facial express was as if he was saying ok freak, I'll be leaving you and you're growling trashcan alone, and quickly walked away. Once my mom and Holly catch up to me I explain why I'm laughing and we carry on to our gate. Well just a second ago Holly said Brea watch and thinking it was an automatic garbage can does this circleish fancy move, thinking it would open and she'd look like a magician. To our suprise it wasn't automatic, so she tried to cover it up by circling in her hand and reaching to throw her trash away. Right as she gets back my mom, her, and me are cracking up laughing. I'm almost to tears, and Holly's face is red from embarassment and loss of air. :DD Just one of many embarassing thing's that have happened today.
At her defense there is a senserish lookin thing, look for yourself:]]

7 comments:

Holly said...

We are definitely teenagers at heart and not too far from it in age either!!!

The funniest part is that we actually thought we were whispering!!

Anonymous said...

Brea, I love you!! You had me laughing so loud my mom downstairs asked what was so funny. So I read your post to her.
I can just picture the 3 of you then. And I so wish I'd been there to hear it! Do you know how many times my daughter has shushed me because I was being too loud??
Take care, hun, and have a blast! I'm praying that God does mighty works with and in you. Know that there's a huge prayer covering for the 3 of you and the rest of your group. See you in 10 days!!

Unknown said...

Hilarious about them two talking. Who would have known? Have lots of fun, try to quiet your heart, and hear the LORD.

Anonymous said...

I have one of those trashcans that opens by itself. Gabes calls it my "magic trashcan". I totally would have thought that's what it was.
Apparently not, just a growling one:)

Anonymous said...

Brea, you crazy girl. Where do you think you got it from?? Hmmm?
Great memories before you even get there. Tell your mom & Holly to quiet down. They may not let them in the country! Might think that they are one of those "Sarah Palin" ladies from the USA. Of course, they are.

Glad you are having fun. Can't wait to hear all that will happen. Hope the computer works in Kenya as I know it wouldn't work in Amsterdam.

Pray'n for you guys (ladies)!!!! You'v been prepared for this time all of your life. God knows what He's doing....trust Him.
Proverbs 3: 5-6

Anonymous said...

Brea, I'm not sure if I have told you, but you are such a special yound lady with and incredible heart. I have watched it in you it in everything I see you do. I am in such awe over you. I wish I could be like you when I grow up. Don't hold GOD back, he has such awesome plans for you and I can't wait to watch what he does in your life. Love those kids and babies and just let GOD be GOD in and through you

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, no wonder everyone told me I had to read this blog.... ROFL Brea I love you and am praying for all three of you.

Habbakuk 1:5


Sarah