Friday, October 10, 2008

More opportunities to bless...

Okay, so I posted the news about tangible ways to bless those we will be ministering to in Kenya. Several have already responded letting us know they are on their way to the store! We have such generous friends and family!!!
I had emailed our trip coordinator asking if the missionary couple living in Kibera had any specific needs we could possibly meet as well? I just received his email back (he is currently in Mexico - is it a sin to covet this man's job?!!!). He let me know needs they have shared with him:
4 HP Print Cartridges #14 black,
4 HP Print Cartridges #15 color,
10 Mini DV tapes,
100 pack DVD+R's,
Quaker Quick Grits (NOT INSTANT),
Plastic jars of Helmann's mayonaise.
What a reminder of the things we take so easily for granted. How often I jump in my car, drive to the fully stocked store just around the corner from my house and buy whatever I needed, taking a total of 15 minutes!!
Again, if you would like to be a part in meeting these needs, we will be collecting until October 27 - since we have to PACK!!!
With all our hearts, we thank you for your support and generosity. Again, words are insufficient. We pray God's blessings on you all!

No comments: